It's hard to imagine what our lives would be like without Google — that all-knowing, all-powerful search engine that seems to run our lives both on and off the Internet.
While Google may know pretty much everything about us, there's still quite a bit we don't know about our favorite minimalist homepage.
Some of these fascinating facts could be so surprising, you might have to Google them after watching the video.
For more thought-provoking trivia that you don't even need a search engine to discover,subscribe to 5facts on YouTube for a new video every week.
1. If a Google employee dies, his or her spouse gets half pay for 10 years.
2. The Google logo wasn't even centered on the page until 2001.
The iconic Google homepage has gone through many iterations over the years. Its sparse design was due in part because the founders didn't know HTML.
3. In 2013, Google suffered a blackout that took down all of its services for five minutes.
This resulted in an estimated 40% drop in global Internet traffic.
4. Employees at Google are called Googlers, and new employees at Google are called Nooglers.
Google's Nooglers are always good at using their noodle.
5. 15% of Google searches each day have never been searched before.
Pat yourself on the back, because you're special.